This classic Ayurvedic recipe is delicious medicine in a cup!
- Strong anti-inflammatory so works as an analgesic
- Boosts immunity.
- Anti-carcinogenic (fights cancer)
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Promotes digestive health.
- Detoxes liver
- Regulates metabolism and weight management
- Supports heart health
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Blood purifier, therefore promotes healthy skin
- 2 cups of milk (organic unhomogenised dairy, almond, coconut.. whatever you like!)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (as it increases the absorption and bio-availability of curcumin)
- A small piece of fresh grated ginger or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
How to make:
- Add all ingredients except honey into a saucepan, bring to simmer, whisk to combine ingredients (or blend)
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes (don’t let it come to boil)
- Before serving add honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Drink it while its hot is best!
Written by Tegan Wallis