An easy, delicious way to consume this medicinal spice daily.
You can also use this paste for making Golden Milk (turmeric milks), add to Smoothies, stir into Yogurt, add to your dinner plate as a condiment…. anyway you like really!
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1 cup water (250 mls) plus 1 cup water in reserve, if needed
- 1/3 cup (70 mls) Raw (unrefined) Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the turmeric and water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
- Let the turmeric and water mixture cool until just warm, then add the freshly ground pepper and oil.
- Stir well to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
- The Golden Paste will keep for 2 weeks refrigerated.
- You can freeze in portions if you think you have too much to use within two weeks.
- Take ¼ tsp daily initially. Can increase to ½ tsp daily.
- Great for pets also!
Lovely photo of our Golden paste by: Tania Bahr-Vollrath