A cooling side dish for hot days of summer!
This is a dip everyone (all dosha types) can enjoy during summer.
Take with kitchari, dal, chapati, rice dishes, roast vegetables anything really!
It’s great to take as a snack with fresh, crunchy in-season vegetables.
This side dish cools Pitta (heat), helps digestion and it so quick and simple to make.
- 1¼ cups good quality plain yogurt (homemade is best)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Mint Leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Rock or Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (optional)
How to prepare:
- Take mint leaves, coriander leaves, 2 tablespoons yogurt and salt in a blender.
- Blend until it becomes a smooth cream.
- Take the remaining yogurt in a bowl.
- Whip it until it becomes light and smooth.
- Add the mint paste, roasted cumin powder and a pinch of black salt into the whipped yogurt.
- Mix well.
- Add onion to this and mix well.
- Mint Raita is ready to be served.