A hearty, easy to digest breakfast. Very nourishing so great for babies and elderly. Very easy to make and keeps energy high throughout the day.
– Semolina ½ cup
– Hot water 1-2 cups (or milk)
– Raisins or sultanas (handful)
– Ground cardamom – 1 pinch
– Ground cinnamon – 1-2 pinches
– Almonds/ Cashews – ¼ cup (chopped)
– Jaggery, Raw Sugar – to taste
– Ghee – 1tbsp
1. Heat Ghee in a pan. Add semolina to it and gently roast it over medium to low heat.
2. Roast for approximately 5 minutes until it starts to turn a pinkish brown and it leaves a pleasant smell (Note: Stir it continuously to avoid burning)
3. Quickly add 1⁄2 cup water and mix it well to avoid lumps. Add remaining water and cook.
4. Add raisins, cardamom, cinnamon powder & sugar.
5. Stir continuously, cooking for another few minutes until it thickens & leaves sides of pan.
6. Garnish with nuts and serve hot.